I hope that everyone had a great National Running Day yesterday! I loved reading everyone’s posts about why they run. I’ll leave the link-up open until next week, so you can still add your post if you haven’t yet!
So today is Thursday, but it’s actually my Friday because I am heading to Arkansas tomorrow! As usual I will be sharing some of my random thoughts from the week.
1. I mentioned last week that I got a new phone. I think that one of the most annoying things is having to log back into apps. I don’t remember like any of my usernames and passwords. I was in line at Starbucks (at a rest stop) last weekend and I realized I wasn’t logged into my Starbucks app and I had no clue what my name or password was. So I had to pay with cash, when I had like $10 on my Starbucks card. So annoying…and it took me like 15 minutes to reset my password.
2. Ok speaking of which, why are passwords like the most annoying thing in the world? It can never be simple. I know that we don’t want people to be able to get into our accounts but alot of the programs really go overboard. And I end up changing my password so often that I can never remember it, and I get them all mixed up.
3. What the heck is going on with the weather? It’s been like 50 degrees and raining this week. I feel like we haven’t seen the sun in weeks and it’s kind of depressing considering that it’s June.
4. Somehow on Sunday night before the cold front came through it was about a million degrees in my bedroom. I am pretty sure I tossed and turned until like 2 am because it was so hot. 3 hours of sleep does not cut it for me.
5. I didn’t run on Monday or Tuesday, and I can’t even blame it on the lack of sleep. On Monday I got up at my usually early time and started reading blogs and all of a sudden it was 6:15 am and I only had 15 minutes before I needed to start getting ready for work. I have no idea how that happened, and its very unlike me. But I feel like my week is all thrown off because of going away this weekend (and not being able to work out on Friday morning because of an early flight), so I did my strength training workout on Tuesday instead of Wednesday/Friday.
6. Obviously I wouldn’t miss my run on National Running Day! It was nice to be out there after 3 days off.
7. I saw a deer at the end of my run…and we just stared at each other. He was just hanging out on the sidewalk and I was across the street taking a picture. It’s weird because I feel like the deer around here are so used to people that they don’t run away like you’d expect.
8. I signed up for two more races! The first is another local 5k…the other is the Charles St 12!
9. On Sunday I went to lunch with my parents after we got back from NY. I ordered a cherry wheat beer (I wish I remembered what kind it was because it was really good). The the waitress dropped my dad’s iced tea all over my lap, so I got the beer for free. Two days before that, there was a milk incident at school which ended with me having milk all over my jeans to the point where I had to go home and change. It was not a good few days for me!
10. I think the reason why I thought to talk about #9 is because I am craving that beer. Which is unusual for me, but maybe I can figure out a way to make that happen.
How has the weather been where you live?
Do you have a hard time remembering passwords?
Do you like beer? What kind is your favorite?