There are about a million things I love about the summer. While I may complain about the heat from time to time I really don’t mind it all that much, and I would rather be hot than cold. (Ok, when it comes to running a marathon being hot isn’t good, but that’s a different story.)
Today I am sharing 5 of my favorite summer activities…but really, everything is better outdoors in the warm sunshine.
1. Grilling outside: For 10 years I lived in apartments and didn’t have access to a grill. It was always such a treat to go to my parents’ house to grill out, but now we finally have a grill of our own! Hopefully we will get to use it alot this summer once we stop going away every weekend.
2. Drinking outside: There’s nothing like enjoying a glass of wine outdoors on a summer evening. The neighbors will soon be learning just how much I enjoy wine:)
3. Running/racing: As I’ve said, I prefer the summer to the winter for running…there is something so satisfying about completing a summer run dripping in sweat. And I like that I’m not freezing before or after running a race. (My times may suffer, but that also means I put (slightly) less pressure on myself for that race.)
4. Beach days: I grew up 20 minutes from the beach and now I’m hours away. I usually get to the beach once a year for about a week. I’m already picturing myself in a beach chair, feet in the sand, watching the ocean and listening to the waves…
5. Summer foods and drinks: There are certain foods and drinks that I prefer/only like to have when its hot out or in the summer months. For example, certain fruits just scream “summer” (like watermelon). I also tend to enjoy beer more in the summer and generally don’t drink it at all from October-May. I love Coronos and summer beers. Also white wine is my summer preference while I drink red all winter.
What are some of your favorite summer activities?
How often do you go to the beach?
What is your summer beverage of choice?