I guess you can say that after National Running Day on Wednesday, I have definitely had running on my mind. So why not continue the trend by talking about some reasons to run! This week’s theme for the Friday Five Link-Up is “National Running Day” which works out pretty well. It will be hard to keep my list to 5 but I will do my best!
1. To Wear Fun Clothes, Shoes, and Accessories. I love picking out running clothes and shoes and fun compression socks. I would never have started wearing compression socks if it weren’t for running!
(By the way, you can save 42% off everything at PRO Compression this month using the discount code “JUNE”).
2. To explore a place– whether you are visiting somewhere you have never been, or just checking out a trail in your own neighborhood. I love going running when I am on vacation. I have also seen parts of Baltimore that I never would have seen if I didn’t run.
3. It’s exercise! Sometimes I forget that it is actually exercise because for me its a hobby and something I do because I like it. I would hate to have to force myself to do cardio at the gym!
4. It’s good for your mind. As I said on Wednesday, running helps me prepare for the rest of my day. It helps me work through problems and figure things out. It also challenges me and gives me confidence in other areas of my life.
5. The sunrises. Or sunsets. Or looking at whatever you like to look at during whatever time of the day you like to run…it’s an excuse to be outside and a chance to observe the scenery.
What are some other reasons to run?! (I know, there are just so many…)