Yay for Friday! But tell me, how is it the last Friday of August already? I feel like summer just started and I’m not ready for it to be over. Schools opened here on Wednesday so it definitely feels like fall is beginning. This has been an interesting month with running, but progress has been made, and I’ve been out there. So I might as well share some runfessions, right?
1) Over the past few weeks I have been seeing deer when I am out running (as usual) but lately it seems like they are hiding. I’ll turn a corner and one will be just standing in some trees/bushes. I have to admit they take me by surprise and I get a little nervous running that close to them without realizing it.
2) As I was going through my old posts last week when I wrote about my 3 year blogging anniversary, it was so crazy to see the workout schedule I used to be able to keep. I was easily running 30-40 miles a week, plus taking a few body pump classes and yoga at the studio. Now I feel like I barely have time to get in an hour workout in the morning! I also don’t feel like I would have the energy to do all that. Things sure have changed!
3) I also need to runfess that my running routes have been extremely boring lately. I just circle the same areas of my neighborhood and haven’t gone outside a mile radius from my house in months. I guess I’m nervous something will start hurting and I’ll have to walk all the way home?
4) I definitely go back and forth between extremes, because one minute I am nervous about not being able to finish a 2 mile run and the next minute I am feeling invincible, like I should be able to do a long run and start training for a marathon. Don’t worry, these are only passing thoughts that don’t last for long.
5) After my run last Saturday, I didn’t change out of my running clothes until 3:30pm. (I ran at like 7am). Not sure how the day got away from me…I drank coffee outside, did some meal prep, then laid outside reading for a bit. I guess when you only run/walk for 30 minutes you don’t get too sweaty….
As I said on Instagram last weekend, I truly appreciate every day that I get to run. So I’ll take all the sneaky deer, the boring loops of my neighborhood, and the sweaty clothes to be able to be out there.
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for TheraBand Kinesiology Tape!
What do you have to runfess this month?
Do you run the same routes every day or do you change it up?
How long do you wait to shower after you run?