It’s been awhile since I did a thinking out loud post that was all over the place, and that’s the kind of day it is today. Ready? Thanks Amanda for hosting the link-up!
1. I survived Body Pump again this week. I don’t think I’m gonna be as sore as last week, but we will see. I kept my weights as light as possible, which felt really strange. I do really love the class though and now that I’m back I’ve realized how much I’ve missed it.
2. I feel like I have been extra clumsy this week. Or maybe just had really bad luck? On Monday the oil for my salad completely spilled out of the container all over my lunch bag. And the container that I had brought my salad in had cracked. I guess it was a good thing I didn’t have any oil to put in there, or it would have been a huge disaster.
3. A few nights ago Rob got home and came inside to tell me that the trunk of my car was open. No idea how I managed that one. He said that he wished that all the junk I had in my trunk had gotten stolen, but no such luck.
4. Then on Wednesday morning I dropped my travel coffee mug in a pile of dirt while I was getting out of my car. Only a little bit of coffee spilled out, but I was too grossed out worrying that dirt got in to drink it. Not a good morning.
5. I haven’t been to my yoga studio sine the beginning of November. This isn’t a bad thing, since I don’t have a membership but buy 10 class packs so the longer they last the better. I’ve been enjoying the flexibility of doing classes on my own at home, although I have missed the studio experience.
6. So Christmas is in 2 weeks. How did that happen? I’m trying to enjoy this time of year because after New Years, winter is the worst. I hate January and February.
7. I finished the last of my Christmas shopping this week, so that’s a relief. Now I just need to wait for everything to come in the mail, hopefully before I leave for the holidays. The worst is when you’re not home and they bring your package to the post office. The last place I want to be this time of year is in a post office, and I will do everything I can to avoid it. But our mailman is nice and doesn’t want our packages to get stolen so he doesn’t leave them outside our door.
8. Another place I don’t like to be around the holidays is the dollar store. Or Walmart. I have been at both of these places over the past week and I hope I don’t have any reason to go back.
9. It’s been forever since I had Starbucks and I really want one. As I was writing this post, I remembered how last spring I use to always talk about Starbucks in my “Thinking Out Loud” posts. I’ve cut back tremendously but once in a while its a nice treat!
10. This weekend I get to see my college friends! Alli is visiting from Boston and even though Katie and I both live in Baltimore we never get to see each other. Remember Alli who got engaged in June and Katie who ran her first half-marathon at the Baltimore Running Festival? We were even roommates once upon a time. I’d rather not think about how long ago it was because it just makes me feel old.
Have you finished your holiday shopping?
When was the last time you saw your college friends?