Crock pot meals are so perfect for the winter (or any time of year!) especially when you won’t have much time to cook dinner. There is nothing worse than feeling hungry when you get home and having to spend an hour cooking dinner! This crock pot turkey and veggie lasagna is the perfect comfort food meal that is easy to make and packed with protein and nutrients.
When I make crock pot lasagna, I like using ground turkey and veggies, and don’t like to overdo it with cheese. I usually just estimate my ingredients (no need to dirty up more dishes by measuring everything out!)
Crock Pot Turkey and Veggie Lasagna
I start by cutting up some veggies: zucchini, onion, and carrots. (I slice the zucchini and carrots, but chop the onion- it just depends how big or small you like the veggies to be in your lasagna!)
Add them to a pan and sautéed on medium for about 8 minutes.
Then add a whole bag of spinach, and cook for another minute.
Meanwhile, brown the ground turkey…
Add an egg to the ricotta to make it easier to spread.
When everything is ready, start layering the ingredients in the crock pot, beginning with a thin layer of sauce.
Everything gets layered three times, starting with the noodles. (Noodles, cheese, veggies, turkey, sauce.)
Finish it off with a last layer of noodles, some more sauce, and parmesan.
Cook the lasagna on low for 4 to 6 hours, until it’s nice and hot.
When I make lasagna in the crock pot it’s much harder to serve without having it falling apart, but it still tastes just as good!
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 2-3 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- Cut veggies and cook on stove until tender, for about 8 minutes (Add carrots first- they will take the longest). Add spinach during last minute until wilted.
- Cook ground turkey on stovetop until browned.
- Beat egg in a dish and add ricotta- mix together well.
- Spread a layer of tomato sauce on bottom of crock pot.
- Layer all ingredients 3 times: noodles, cheeses, veggies, turkey, sauce.
- Finish top layer with noodles, sauce, and cheese.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Have you ever made lasagna in the crock pot?
What are some of your favorite ingredients to use in lasagna?