Since it’s the last Friday of the month, I thought I would start off by sharing some runfessions with Marcia!
-I love summer running. I may complain about the heat and humidity, but all I want to do in the summer is run outside. I’ve had to keep my miles in check because I just want to run every day.
-I quit my gym. I was never going anymore, and it made my cringe every time I saw my monthly statement. I’ll try to get away without having a gym as long as I can, and then I will look for a cheaper/more convenient option.
-Rob and I share a walk-in closet that is off our master bathroom, and it usually smells like a gross locker room because of all our sweaty running clothes.
-New running shoes make me more happy than is probably normal.
-When I was at my friend’s wedding last weekend I may have told our whole table all about my foam rolling habits. Rob was there to verify that 90% of the time when he walks into a room I rolling around on the ground.
And now, it’s time to flashback to 10 years ago, when I had never heard of a foam roller and considered 4 miles to be a “long run”. And I was single, but a month away from meeting Rob. Here are 5 things I was doing 10 years ago, just a month after graduating college.
1) I was starting to get more into running. I also took classes at a gym, but really spent most days running either outside or on the treadmill.
2) I was trying to be “healthy” but looking back I would no longer consider the food I was eating to be all that healthy. (Not enough fruits and veggies and lots of “fat-free” foods.)
3) Going out in New York City every night and thinking I was so cool. However, I was unemployed and broke so that lifestyle can only continue for so long before it is no longer an option.
4) Drinking lots of pinot grigio (with my mom) on the nights when I wasn’t going out in the city.
5) I was trying to find a job. I had no idea what I wanted to do after college and I didn’t realize how hard it would be to find something decent. I ended up taking a very low-paying job as a teacher’s assistant in a school, which I did for a year before moving back to Maryland for graduate school. Little did I know I was a month away from meeting my future husband and would end up in Maryland, along with the rest of my family!
Crazy how fast time flies!
What is something you were doing 10 years ago?
What are you runfessions?