As I said in Wednesday’s post, June went by in a flash and once again I am writing a monthly update and questioning how another month of 2016 has come and gone. June had its ups and downs. I dealt with a foot issue most of the month, but I also ran a PR at the Baltimore 10 miler. The real focus on June though was just about making it through a busy month, which meant taking a break from blogging.
Summary of June:
I basically recapped half of June in my last post, so I won’t go into too much detail again. It was a busy month filled with traveling for work and a wedding, conferences, family time, and a race. I took time off of running because my foot was bothering me, and ended up taking two weeks off from blogging. Also, I got to meet Meredith while I was in NY for a wedding! Global Running Day was on June 1st, and that now feels like it was SO long ago! Overall it was a good month, because the fun stuff outweighed the tough stuff!
A few other posts from this month:
- Continue to work on staying strong and healthy This didn’t go so well. The current goal is figuring out what caused the problem, giving it time to heal, and prevent it from happening again.
- Run/Walk 2016 miles This month I ran 49 miles and walked 90 miles. I’m at a total of 1124 miles for the year. (I track my walking using my Vivofit but subtract a mile each day for what I consider just getting around the house.)
- Work towards a BQ Still no marathons scheduled for anytime soon, and this month’s setback made me appreciate this even more. I am really not ready for marathon training right now!
- Work towards sub 1:40 half I’m still considering training for a half this fall. Hopefully I will decide about this soon!
- Do at least 10 push-ups 3 days per week I did keep up with this in June, and it was good to have it as a goal to keep me on track. When I take a break from running it can be easy to skip all strength training too!
- Improve posture Honestly, this was the last thing on my mind this month. Hopefully I will focus on it again especially as things at work quiet down a bit (maybe).
- Move more Due to being so busy, I was actually very active this month! This wasn’t always a good thing though, as I was trying to rest my foot as much as possible.
- Focus on saving money I think I just need to ignore this question for this month…between the traveling, wedding, birthdays, etc it was a rough one!
- Get back in the habit of weekly meal prep I did a little meal prep each week but didn’t need to do as much as usual due to being away or eating out.
- Make time to unplug Taking some time away from blogging definitely helped with this. I didn’t feel the need to pull out my laptop at night because I just told myself not to worry about blogging stuff. It was a nice break, but I definitely did miss it!
How did you do with your goals in June?
What are you looking forward to in July?