Can anyone else believe it’s June? These months are flying by! When the weather goes from 40 degrees to 90 degrees in a week it makes you feel like you skipped a few months of the year. It’s time once again to recap my goals for the past month!
Summary of May:
As I start to write about May I have to question where this month went! I seriously can’t even remember what happened his month. I think I was home the first two weekends in May, so that was a nice break from traveling.
I think part of the problem is that it didn’t really feel like May until the last week. It was SO cold and rained non-stop for the first 3 weeks of the month. The it suddenly became summer!
I had a wedding in NY the third weekend in May, and then spent Memorial Day Weekend at my parents’ house.
This month I started adding in long runs again! I did 12 and 13 mile runs for the first time since last fall’s marathon training, and also made a return to the track.
I ran in one race, which I have yet to recap, just when summer decided to make an appearance.
A few other posts from this month:
- Continue to work on staying strong and healthy This has still been going well. I have been really working on my core over the last few weeks and I hope it pays off as I have also been increasing my mileage.
- Run/Walk 2016 miles This month I ran 132 miles and walked 95 miles. I’m at a total of 985 miles for the year. (I track my walking using my Vivofit but subtract a mile each day for what I consider just getting around the house.)
- Work towards a BQ Still no marathons scheduled for anytime soon, but hearing about everyone else’s plans has been making me want to start thinking about it!
- Work towards sub 1:40 half I didn’t run a half marathon in May like I was considering, but it wouldn’t have been a PR course anyway. I think my best bet at this point is to look for a fall half that would be in cooler weather.
- Do at least 10 push-ups 3 days per week I think I stuck with 3 days every week this month. I may need to switch this goal up next month because I feel like it’s getting kind of boring and at this point I think/hope that including push-ups in my routine is enough of a habit that I will continue with it anyway.
- Improve posture I am still reading “Deskbound”, as I said last month, and I am trying to remember to sit and stand well (typed as I slouch into a bit comfy chair…)
- Move more When the weather warmed up I started going for walks at lunch! During busier days I won’t be able to do that but the past few weeks have been quiet enough that it worked out well. I have also been just standing up every once in a while to get a break from sitting at my computer.
- Focus on saving money This was a pretty good month for spending, probably because there were no big expenses.
- Get back in the habit of weekly meal prep I think I prepped every weekend this month, although there were a few times I did very little. But every little bit helps!
- Make time to unplug I feel like after 8pm I don’t want to look at my computer anymore. Usually I do blogging stuff from 7-8 and then put my laptop away. I will admit though that some nights I still scrolled through my phone after that! Now that it’s warmed up and stopped raining I’m hoping we will spend more evenings going for walks or sitting outside.
How did you do with your goals in May?
What are you looking forward to in June?