- On Saturday I got a great long run in, as I wrote about here. For the first time in awhile I was excited to go out and run for more than an hour, even though the weather was not ideal. It was a challenging run both mentally and physically, but gave me that reminder of how I will need to push through runs like that when I am back to training for my next marathon.
- After my run on Saturday I took my time getting motivated to start the day, but then we got grocery shopping done AND I did all my meal prep. Since we have a short week, we figured we could do that stuff on Saturday. (Usually we prefer to go on Sunday so that the produce will last longer into the week).
- Sunday morning was so relaxing. We drank smoothies and sat around drinking coffee for several hours. I skipped free yoga at the inner harbor because mornings like this don’t come around too often.
- Getting a mani/pedi on Friday was another highlight of the weekend. That’s one of my favorite splurges especially at the end of the work week.
- We’re going to Maine on Thursday! Rob’s grandpa has a house there and his family has been going there forever (he has some other family in the area too). They hadn’t gone in a awhile and a couple years after we started dating they decided to start going again. I was invited and it was my first trip with his family. Today my timehop reminded me that this was 7 years ago!
I’m excited for the cooler weather and easy-going lifestyle up there. We always talk about how everyone there is so friendly and when we are out running everyone waves to everyone else (even people driving by in cars). That just doesn’t happen in Baltimore.
Tell me something marvelous about your weekend!