I know I am a few days late, but now that April is over it’s time to check in on my goals. I feel like this month flew by! The next few months will continue to be busy so I don’t anticipate these months slowing down any time soon.
Summary of April:
The last weekend in April I spent in NY for a bridal shower.
What else happened this month besides traveling and racing? Not too much actually. I feel like I just got in workouts when I could and tried to stick to my schedule. I created a new total body circuit to switch up my strength training, ran some hills, and built up my long run to 10 miles.
A few other posts from this month:
- Continue to work on staying strong and healthy I’ve continued to do my core work and strength training. This month I added some different exercises into my routine.
- Run/Walk 2016 miles This month I ran 113 miles and walked 90 miles. I’m at 755 total miles for the year. (I track my walking using my Vivofit but subtract a mile each day for what I consider just getting around the house.)
- Work towards a BQ No marathons are scheduled for anytime soon. I’m working on building a solid base right now.
- Work towards sub 1:40 half Maybe there will be a half in May, but I won’t be shooting for a 1:40. It’s a tough course and I haven’t put in the training for that kind of time.
- Do at least 10 push-ups 3 days per week I think I stuck with 3 days every week this month. There were some days I didn’t want to do them but remembered that I keep track of my goals on here!
- Improve posture I am still working on this, and just started reading “Deskbound”. So far it’s been helpful with giving cues as far as how to stand and sit well.
- Move more Probably the same as last month- in fact I think I walked exactly the same number of miles in March and April!
- Focus on saving money Well this month I had some major car issues, so didn’t do to great with saving because of that…otherwise I did pretty well.
- Get back in the habit of weekly meal prep I did at least a little bit of meal prep every week (I always make something for breakfast because I know won’t have a lot of time in the mornings). Rather than prepping lunches I have been relying on leftovers.
- Make time to unplug Some days I was really good about this, others not so much. I really just depends on how busy I am during the day and how much I want to get done for the blog in the evenings!
How did you do with your goals in April?
What are you looking forward to in May?