Happy National Running Day! This is one of my favorite days of the year, even though I kind of celebrate it every single day😃
I created a few writing prompts to get us talking a bit more about what running means to us right now. Feel free to use these or write anything you want about why you run, and link up at the bottom of this post! You can make your own bib to show why you run by clicking here!
- Right now, I run because… it challenges me, it makes me feel complete, and it’s my opportunity to clear my mind. It seriously helps me to focus and get through the rest of my day more efficiently.
- I started running because…I talked a little more about this in last year’s post, but initially I ran to stay in shape for sports. Gradually, it became a way to exercise, and now it’s so much more than that. It’s a hobby, a passion, a part of who I am.
- When I don’t run…I feel like something in missing. During my time off a few months ago it was tough to get the same feeling from a different exercise. It definitely reminded me not to take running for granted. I think its nice to change things up and exercise in different ways, but to me there is nothing like the feeling I get from a good run.
- One thing that running has taught me is…I can accomplish more than I ever imagined. I love the feeling of pushing myself, challenging myself, and setting goals for myself.
- My favorite kind of run is…one that forces me to push myself. I do love an easy run, but actually prefer the days where I set out for a tough tempo run or speed workout and feel like I challenged myself throughout the workout.
- Right now my biggest running-related goal is…to continue getting stronger and stay healthy. Even though I’m no longer injured, I need to continue working on my strength and form in order to safely build my mileage and continue to add in harder workouts.
Oh, and there’s also this:
What is your favorite kind of run?
What is your biggest running related goal?
Feel free to answer any of the questions in the comments section, or add your own post and link-it up here! Be sure to check out a few other posts as well!