A few weeks ago I was nominated by Salt for an “Inspiring Blogger” award! She is a fellow Baltimore-area runner and at some point we will meet in real life! This girl is relatively new to running but just rocked her first marathon a couple months ago in an amazing time! (And then got it tattooed on her arm!) If you don’t already read her blog you should definitely check it out. You will laugh at least once reading each post plus you get to see pictures of her adorable toddler.
Anyway, here’s the deal with this award:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you. THANKS SALT! (aka apparently she has a real name and it’s Lauren)
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
I originally told her there was no way I could come up with seven interesting facts about myself. I managed to come up with some stuff to share, but I have no idea if it is at all interesting. So, here are some random facts that you probably don’t want to know about me:
1. I am kind of crazy organized. You probably already know this from my meal planning. I had a full itinerary planned before our wedding day and made copies for everyone involved in the wedding party. Our priest found out about this and made fun of me a little during the ceremony. I think that everyone appreciated knowing exactly where they were supposed to be at every single moment of the day.
2. Kind of going along with that, I am OCD about certain things. One example is making my bed. As soon as we are both out of bed it has to be made. I believe this is because my mom made me make my bed every day growing up, and then I went to college and my roommate Katie always made her bed so I made mine too. I usually get up before Rob and if I go out running when he is still in bed it needs to be the first thing I do when I come back.
3. During my pre-teen years I was OBSESSED with Hanson. I think every girl who was in middle or high school during the late 90s was either a Hanson fan or Backstreet Boys fan. My room was covered with posters and I even made a binder of all things Hanson related which is still in my parents’ basement. (Rob knows about this and still chose to marry me, he must really love me.) I had MMMBop played at my wedding and it has been on some of my running playlists for races.
4. At one point I could plank for 5 minutes while drinking a beer. Don’t ask me how or why but at my bachelorette party 2 years ago I did this successfully. Sort of related but not really- Have you seen the video of the guy who ran a mile and drank 4 beers in under 5 minutes? I couldn’t come close to doing either of those things separately.
5. I don’t watch TV. I’ll be in the room with the TV on, but I’m not usually paying attention. If Rob isn’t home I don’t turn it on by myself unless it’s too quiet and I need background noise. I never know how to find anything to watch except reruns of How I Met Your Mother or Modern Family.
6. I went Skydiving in Switzerland while I was studying abroad. There is no way you could get me to do this again- in fact I was just saying that I will probably never get on a roller coaster again. I have to say it was an amazing experience but I thought my parents were going to kill me when they found out.
7. While on the topic of things I wouldn’t do again and my parents almost killed me for doing once: I also swam with sharks on our honeymoon. I didn’t really want to do this but it was one of the only things that Rob asked to do and most of the time I was able to lay on the beach and do nothing, so I felt like I should suck it up and go. I didn’t think it was as scary as I expected, but we were on the North shore of Oahu and the water was really choppy so even being in the cage made me feel nauseous. They said a lot of people get sick on the boat too because its so rocky.
Pretty creepy, huh?
And now that you know all of that useless information about me, you should probably go check out these blogs, which will surely be more entertaining than the pointless nonsense you just read about:
Note: I have no idea if any of you have been nominated already, I’m just listing a few of the blogs I have recently discovered as well as some that I read regularly! You can check out my full blogroll here.
2. Run Crush
Any other Hanson fans out there?
Would you rather go skydiving or swim with sharks?