Every once in a while I see one of these running surveys floating around the blog world, and I always find it fun to participate. I was looking back on my blog and I think I have done 4 survey style posts in the past:
I tried not to repeat any questions, so I pulled these from a few different surveys that I found.
Would you rather….
1. Have a post race beer or post race dessert?
Definitely beer! Usually it’s too early for me to want dessert after a race plus I always enjoy a post-race beer. I don’t really like sweets right after I finish a workout.
2. Run with a blister the whole time or side stitch the whole time?
I think I would have to go with a side stitch because the blister usually gets progressively worse the longer you run.
3. Run alone or run with friends for every run of an entire training cycle?
I’ve always been a solo runner. Even though I’m sure it would be fun once in a while to run with others, that’s what too big of a commitment to run with them for every run of a training cycle!
4. Run a flat race in the heat or a hilly race in the cold?
Hilly race in the cold. I seem to do better racing in the cold, plus I think my body likes some variety when racing, especially for longer distances.
5. Run a 5k or a marathon?
Right now I probably couldn’t do either. But in general I prefer the marathon!
6. Run without music or run without your GPS?
Definitely without music. I haven’t run with music in years, other than when I run on the treadmill. And I find it really hard to leave my GPS at home.
7. Train through winter for a spring race or through summer for a fall race?
I’ve always done better with summer training for a fall race. I tend to pick late fall races so my training typically starts in August. The one year I ran a spring marathon my training was constantly derailed due to winter weather.
8. Would you rather give up running for 1 year to get a BQ (Boston Marathon qualifying time) or never BQ but run as much as you want?
I would rather never BQ and run as much as I want. I would trade a lot of things to never get injured again!
9. Always run in shorts or always run in tights?
I really don’t like wearing running tights, so I would have to go with shorts. I know this would be pretty brutal in the winter but maybe I could wear some compression socks and it wouldn’t be too bad:)
10. Run an ultra marathon or do a triathlon?
I can’t swim or bike, so I would have to go with the ultra. I think it would be fun to do an ultra one day. Ya know, if I could stop getting hurt.
Pick a few questions and share your answers!