It’s been so long since I did a thinking out loud post that I actually looked back and the last time was December 24th which means it’s been over two months! I usually save these kinds of posts to write the night before (rather than draft it over the weekend) and I just don’t have the energy to write a post by the end of the day lately. However, this week I have felt like there are a few things I would like to complain about so I figured I might as well use this opportunity to vent a bit!
1. I feel like it’s been raining non-stop for days. I am not sure how those of you who live in areas where it rains all the time don’t get super depressed. I just feel like I am in a better mood when the sun is out. On my walk to my car after work yesterday I got completely drenched because my umbrella kept getting turned inside out and apparently my boots must have holes in them because my socks ended up wet. At least I was wearing my PRO Compression socks!
2. At least the snow has melted! This picture was from Wednesday morning (the last of the snow on our lawn) and by Wednesday night it was gone! I guess all this rain is better than more snow.
3. When I drive to work I usually pass through the Towson campus. Seeing all the students walking to class in sweatpants and hoodies makes me SO jealous. I wish I could wear those kinds of clothes to work!
4. Not sure if this is related to the dreary weather we have had but I have been going to bed this week at a crazy early time, even for me. Like in the 7:50-8:20 range. I am always in bed by 9 but I think this is getting a little ridiculous! I think part of the reason is that Rob is getting over a cold so he has been going to sleep earlier so I figure I might as well do the same, especially since I get up so early.
5. Mornings lately have been rough, even though I have been getting plenty of sleep. On Tuesday morning my flat iron died. So I haven’t been straightening my hair this week because a)all the rain and b)no flat iron means that it would be pointless to even try.
6. Yesterday morning I did a strength workout and I have been working on pull-ups using my pull-up bar that I got for my birthday. I was starting to put some of my weight on it when it came off the door! I have no idea why or how but part of the rubber from the bar stuck to the door frame and the rest of the bar just fell. It was pretty scary and I was just glad I didn’t have all my body weight on there.
7. My lack of coffee lately probably hasn’t helped as I am dealing with all these morning issues. Tea just isn’t the same.
8. Totally off topic but I absolutely hate Gmail passwords. I have a personal and a blog account, and I can never remember either one. I store my passwords on my computer and phone so I never have to type them in. Then I randomly get logged out and have to sign in and request a new password. Which makes me more likely to forget it again. And the cycle continues.
9. Lately I have felt like there is static cling EVERYWHERE. Does anyone else have this problem in the winter? I use dryer sheets but I don’t feel like they work. When I go to fold my clothes they all stick together.
10. Hopefully my irritable mood is just tied to the weather! Maybe once the sun comes back things will improve. I felt like I had my best runs in awhile on the days when it was a little warmer and I got to see the sun, so it’s very likely.
How would you describe your mood this week?
Any recommendations for a new flat iron?
Do you feel like you sleep more when the weather is dreary?