It’s finally Thursday which means its time to think out loud with Amanda!
1. This week has felt really long and then I realized that during the past 2 weeks I have only worked 3 days per week. It’s quite an adjustment to then be suddenly expected to jump right back into working 5 days in a row.
2. Waking up for work certainly isn’t the problem. Even on my days off my eyes are wide open by 5:30am..6:00 if I’m lucky. Yesterday morning my brain decided to turn on at the lovely hour of 4:10am. I was planning to get up at 5, so after laying in bed for 15 minutes I just got up and started the day. I was looking for a picture or something to include with this part of the post, and found this:
Source: Harvard Business Review (July-August 2010) pg. 31
Note: This diagram appears to miss out on some of
the negative aspects and dangers of being a morning person;
such as not getting enough sleep in some instances.
Not sure what I think about that!
3. Last night I went to Yoga and it was one of the best classes I have ever taken. It was just one of those classes that completely fit with what I needed on that particular day. It was a hot class but since it was 100 degrees outside the room wasn’t heated too much…but it was still warm enough to get a good stretch. The class was a little challenging but mostly focused on opening up the hips. We spent about 5 minutes on each side in pigeon and it was intense.
4. Yesterday morning Iwanted to branch out with my breakfast meals and tried chicken sausage. I had it with spinach, mushrooms, plantains, and eggs.
The verdict? I thought it was SO salty. I really couldn’t even eat it. Maybe the kind I bought was chock full of preservatives- I read the package quickly and everything seemed natural but I threw it away before I realized the saltiness. Oh well, at least I tried right? (By the way, I ate a little bit of avocado this week AND last week!)
5. I am embarrassed to say that I live within walking distance of Camden Yards and haven’t been to an Orioles game in over 2 years. But the streak will be broken on Saturday because we are going to the Yankees/Orioles game!
This weekend some of my friends from high school will be visiting (we grew up in New York) so they were excited to be able to see the Yankees play here! I was never a big baseball fan so after living here for about 13 years I’ve taken a liking to the Orioles, but going to the game in Baltimore with Yankees fans will be interesting!
How did I manage to write an entire post with no talk of running? I think that’s a first:)
Are you a morning or an evening person?
If you moved to a new city, do you still like the sports teams from where you grew up?
Any yoga poses you love to hate?