I feel like at one point I was able to be creative with the titles and themes of these posts…but lately they are all over the place and I can never figure out a common theme for all the randomness. But then again, isn’t that what “thinking out loud” is all about? Anywhere, here we go!
1. I made Rob’s favorite cookies again this week, but we ran out of almond flour. I had about 1.25 cups and the recipe calls for 2 cups. I used whole wheat flour for the other .75 cup. Cookies are still really good, but not as good as they usually are. I don’t think I ever would have guess that almond flour was so awesome. So now its getting added to the amazon subscribe and save list because $14 for 16 oz just isn’t reasonable.
2. I forgot to tell you all this but I finally bought a spiralizer and made zoodles a few weeks ago! I got this “spiral slicer” and it’s not one of the fancy ones but it did the trick. If at some point we ever have a decent sized kitchen and can fit another appliance I will probably upgrade, but for now this is good! I didn’t try sweet potato noodles on Friday like I was planning to because I got lazy and settles for spaghetti. Oh well- maybe next time!
3. I had my first tempo run of the training cycle on Wednesday morning, and I was really nervous about it on Tuesday night. I started to have alot of self doubt and convinced myself that if I didn’t do the workout as planned that it would be ok. I seem to have alot of issues with my confidence going into my second workout of each week. For the first 3 weeks it was 800s and even though I had done them before they still scared me. This was the fastest paced tempo run I had ever gone for so it was easy to tell myself how hard it would be. But then I realized I ran 12 miles as this pace a month ago! Once again I was right on target and surprised myself. This seems to be the theme lately. I am certainly not complaining about it I just don’t want to start feeling bad if I get to a point where some of my workouts are not right on target.
4. On Tuesday night I decided to pass up my usual hot yoga class. Instead I took an Epsom salt bath to warm up and relax my muscles and then did 30 minute of Reflexion yoga and foam rolled. Sometimes I think that spending the time doing that stuff can be more beneficial that going to yoga class, but it all depends. I definitely get a lot out of the studio classes but my goal this week was more to relax my muscles, stretch and little, and prepare for the next tough workout. Mission accomplished.
5. Finally, I can’t complete this post without saying something about today being 9/11. I can’t believe its been 13 years. I will never forget the day as I was in my second week away at college, with dozens of friends and family members in the New York area. There isn’t a whole lot that can be said, but it’s important to take a moment and remember.
Thanks, Amanda for another week of Thursdays are for thinking out loud!
What types of runs make you the most nervous?
Do you prefer yoga at home or at a studio?