Happy Thursday! As usual, it’s time for some Thinking Out Loud…aka my weekly random collection of thoughts that don’t go together:)
1. I bet that you guys didn’t know about this added benefit of foam rolling: a serious arm workout. Actually if you have ever foam rolled than you may already know this. I have been spending a lot of time with my foam roller as usual but I think focusing on my calves and hamstrings REALLY tires out my arms. They were actually sore on Tuesday and I hadn’t done an arm workout since the previous Wednesday.
2. Speaking of arm workouts, I haven’t been to body pump in over 2 months. Which means I haven’t been to my gym in 2 months. It feels like such a waste of money to pay for it when I don’t go, but I know I will need it again once marathon training is over. And we all know the second that I discontinued my membership I would get injured and want to cross train. So really that monthly fee is insurance that I can run, in a very twisted way.
3. Not only do I pay a monthly gym fee, but I also buy packages of yoga class from a studio. It’s crazy the things I will spend money on. But I really prefer the studio classes to my gym’s yoga classes. I went to a different instructor on Monday night and it was an awesome class. I wish I could devote more time to yoga, but there just aren’t enough hours in the day.
4. There are always enough hours in the day for wine, however. I feel like I always need to set aside a little bit of time at the end of the day to relax and unwind, while still getting to bed around 9. My usual evening routine is dinner, a little bit of blogging stuff, some foam rolling, and then relax. I think that really helps me to fall asleep easier than if I kept doing stuff right up until the time I went to sleep. I’m not saying I have wine every night, but I do set aside some time each evening to relax. And if wine is a part of that process, even better:)
5. I started reading Eat the Yolks over the weekend and I am so intrigued. I hope to write more about it when I finish the book, but I have already been preaching about some of the things I have learned. (Side note- my coworkers think I am crazy when I tell them this stuff. So does my husband. But if it means he can eat meat then he is fine with it).
Thanks Amanda for hosting another week of Thinking Out Loud!
Do you have a gym membership? If so, do you take yoga classes there?
What interesting books have you read lately?