I am linking up again this week with Amanda from Running With Spoons for “Thursdays are for Thinking Out Loud”. I am actually writing this post a few days early because on Thursday I will be in Florida!
Lately I have been in a really good mood. Maybe it’s because spring is FINALLY here, but there have also been many other positive things happening. Sometimes when things aren’t going well, its hard to remember the positive. It can also be easy to just move through life when things are going well without stopping to appreciate what you have. The goal of this week’s Thinking Out Loud post is to share some of the things that are going well and try to pause and be grateful!
1. The weather is finally warm! I know this will probably not be such a good thing in a few more weeks when it is HOT, but the warm weather just makes me happier. Besides a few days of torrential rains, we have had a lot of sunny days over the past few weeks. I am loving being able to run in a shorts and a t-shirt.
2. Work is going well, and the school year is almost over! I don’t get the summers off, but it is definitely a break without seeing kids all day long. There have been some positive things happening with my job, and when I reflect back on my journey to get to this point it makes me feel like it was all worth it.
3. I will be trained to be a running coach next month! I am getting really excited about this. Just the idea of getting to learn about running for 2 full days makes me happy. Yep I’m a runnerd.
4. My leg/hip has been feeling SO much better. Since I switched chiropractors and there is a different treatment focus, I have definitely noticed improvements. I can’t wait to start doing races again!
5. I had a relaxing but awesome weekend. I ran 9 pain-free miles on Saturday at a fast-for-me-lately pace. I got a bunch of “chores” done on Saturday early in the day (uh that’s what happens when you wake up naturally at 5am). I went to church and dinner with my sister and we shared a bottle of wine. On Sunday morning I went to yoga and then got a mani/pedi (my feet needed some love before going to Florida!) and then went out for pizza and beer. Finished the weekend by eating some birthday cake for Rob’s bday a few days early.
What positive things have been happening in your life lately?