I’m linking up with Amanda again at Running With Spoons for another week of “Thursdays are for Thinking Out Loud”.
1. I did my first ever “Hill Repeat” workout this morning. I have been running for however many years and have done many different types of workouts, but never this. I don’t know if I did it right (is there a “right” way to do it? I guess just as long as its hard enough to be beneficial…) but I am glad that I tried it.
I found a few different hills and ran up and down them for 25 minutes in the middle of my run. My legs felt like jello at the end so I guess that’s a good sign.
2. I have been thinking a lot about two posts I read yesterday. The first was by Miss Zippy…about doing core work correctly rather than reinforcing bad patterns. It’s difficult to know if I am doing my exercises correctly. I haven’t been to PT in like 2 years, and tiny changes in form can really accumulate over that time. Also, I worry because I know I have muscle imbalances and and worry that I am creating bad form patterns gradually. I don’t really know the answer to this, because I’m not about to start going to PT again right now. I am already paying for a chiropractor and the amount I spend on co pays each year has become ridiculous.
The other post that was thought-provoking was over at Paleo Running Momma. She wrote about living a healthy lifestyle because we genuinely enjoy it, not because we want to look a certain way. I think it can be difficult to convince others that this is possible until they experience it for themselves. As we talked about in the comments, many people start exercising and eating better to lose weight at first, but some of us learn that it is about more than weight loss and begin to live that way because it is what makes us feel good.
3. The temperature dropped about 20 degrees since yesterday. It was in the 50s on my run and I was able to wear a long sleeved t-shirt. While this is much better running weather than 85 degrees and humid, its kind of depressing that today is so chilly and rainy. I wasn’t ready for 90 and humid, but I am also over the chilly rainy weather! I guess we just can’t win huh?
4. This one is really random, but as I was showering this morning I realized I am still using (and buying) color protection shampoo and conditioner. I haven’t colored my hair since before I got married (November 2012) so chances are any highlights I had are pretty much gone. I should probably break that habit and buy cheaper stuff.
4. I still have this picture on my fridge which I ripped out of magazine as I was training for my first marathon. I still look at it frequently and I don’t think I plan to take it down.
Thanks Amanda for hosting another Thinking Out Loud link up!
Do you do hill repeats? (Am I doing them right?)
What are your thoughts on either of the posts I shared?
What is something you keep on your fridge?