It’s Thursday again so time to link up with Running with Spoons for Thursdays are for Thinking Out Loud! I have quite a bit of randomness coming at you today, but actually this post was pre-written since I’ll be on my way to Cape Cod for the RRCA training on Thursday morning!
1. I’m 3 weeks into The Lyon’s Share Ab Challenge and while its going great, I have finally succumbed to the dreaded elbow rug burn. Michael mentioned that this was a problem for him but at the time I was ok.
Well the other day Rob was like “What is wrong with you arm?” I had no idea what he was talking about, but he went on to say that it looked like I have a cut/bruise on my elbow. I showed him the other one and sure enough it was there too. I figured it must be from all the planking on the carpet. I REALLY felt it when I was at CX Works class and we did side planks with a twist. Ouch. Time to start using a towel.
2. What is is about new shoes that just makes me so excited? I finally broke out the Pure Cadence 3s and wore them on Tuesday. I had actually ordered them back in April but waited till I took some other shoes out of the rotation before I started wearing them. Typically I rotate 2 pairs of Pure Cadence, 2 pairs of Pure Flows, and a pair of Pure Connects. I also hang onto a pair of older shoes for going to the gym. This means I have 6 pairs of shoes out at a time. A bit much? Maybe, maybe not.
3. Another one of life’s small pleasures is when I make a smoothie and it fits perfectly right into my cup. Usually I make too much, and don’t feel like saving it so I either just drink it out of the blender (don’t judge) or toss it. This week I perfected the art of the perfect sized smoothie.
4. I cleaned out my wallet the other day and found a bunch of gift cards. Sadly, there was no money on any of these Starbuck cards. (sidenote: I haven’t gone in a full week!)
There was about $35 on this Banana Republic card! I love when that happens.
5. I also found all of these while I was cleaning out my wallet (by the way, I usually use a clutch and not my actual wallet which is why I had no idea all this stuff was in there).
Those are cards for frozen yogurt and wine. If you fill up a wine card you get 25% off a purchase (like you can buy ALL THE WINE and get 25% off of it all). We always forget to bring these cards with use when we go to these places so they just give us new ones and tell use they will combine them next time. I wonder how many full wine cards we have? Also, does anyone else feel like they have a wine and fro-yo addiction? Or is this not normal?
What is something random you have found while cleaning out your wallet?
How many pairs of running shoes do you rotate at a time?