Happy Thursday everyone! I’m at a conference today and tomorrow, so likely won’t be reading any blogs and will hopefully catch up a bit over the weekend. But as usual I’m here today for some Thinking Out Loud!
1. So how great has this weather been lately? I realize if you are reading this you may not live near me, or have weather at all similar to how it’s been in Maryland. So my apologies. Maybe you have great weather all the time. It’s not very often that we have good running weather, so I feel like I have the right to brag a little. Sunday’s race weather was amazing and we were even able to turn off the AC and open the windows this week. So from here we will either get another random heat wave, or it will suddenly jump right into winter weather. I’m just trying to enjoy this while it lasts!
2. Another thing that makes running great besides good weather is new running shoes. I ordered a pair of Pure Cadence 2s from DSW back in April even though I didn’t need them because they were so cheap. At the time I already had a pair of Pure Cadence 3s that I had just started wearing. Now that those are getting older I broke out the new pair of 2s and I was reminded how much I like this version. I don’t think I really love the 3s and I notice that when I wear them on my long runs my ankles get sore, which is weird. Not sure what I am going to do moving forward because its getting harder and harder to find the Pure flow 2s and the Pure Cadence 2s. First world problems, right?
3. Wine tastes even better after a race. I was really craving a beer after the 5k on Sunday- and I thought that there would be beer at the finish. (When I signed up I thought I had read that DuClaw would be there, but I guess things changed because that was back in May). So I waited until an appropriate hour later than 10am and then got into some wine. First I was somewhat productive and did some cleaning and blogging stuff, so I definitely earned it. Plus, Monday was a rest day.
4. One good thing about the weather cooling off is that I won’t have to get in a fight with my hair every morning. It gets tangled into this ridiculous knot that is impossible to comb out. And I haven’t figured out any other ways to wear my hair while I run except in a ponytail. Some days I need 10 extra minutes to get ready just to get my hair untangled.
It’s really hard to take a picture of the back of your own head.
5. I skipped yoga AGAIN this week. Instead I got a manicure and drank wine. And I don’t even feel bad. Things have just been too hectic to expect to do everything. There’s always next week. I had a gel manicure from a few weeks ago so I didn’t want to take it off myself (aka pick it off) so I got a regular manicure which will probably only last 2 days.
What are you thinking about today?
What is your favorite running weather?