You know you’ve been blogging for awhile when you sit down to eat dinner and your husband says “what, you’re not gonna take a picture first?” I started to explain my logic behind which meals I take pictures of but it really wasn’t even worth getting into. I think about 95% of the pictures I take on my phone never get posted anywhere, and the other 5% aren’t all that impressive but seem instagram or blog-worthy for some reason or another.
So to be honest, I’m sharing my meals from Monday for this week’s “WIAW” because 1) I took pictures of my food that day and 2) I don’t have anything else to post about today. As Michele mentioned yesterday, food posts are a nice break from thinking! And for some reason we all get curious about what other people eat. Good thing Jenn decided to continue with the link-up! (Thanks!)
I woke up on Monday morning to lingering ice from the storm the day before. I found out schools were closed so took my time in the morning (my office hours are a little more flexible). I drank smoothie while reading some blogs. It had lots greens but because I put berries in there it always turns this ugly brown color. A little later I had breakfast- an egg frittata with a paleo muffin and raspberries. With coffee of course.
I ended up being pretty busy at work and didn’t need a morning snack like I usually do, probably because of a bigger breakfast. Also, I think my appetite is finally realizing that I am no longer running 40 miles a week. I brought leftover paleo chili to work which was nice and filling. Not the prettiest meal, but delicious!
I was already hungry when I got home and knew dinner wouldn’t be for awhile, so grabbed a cold slice of leftover pizza. I didn’t want this to go to waste anyway!
Do you like eating leftover pizza cold or do you heat it up?
What are some meals you like that don’t look very glamorous but are delicious anyway?