I’m back with my second edition of “What I Ate Wednesday” thanks to Jenn at Peas and Crayons!
What I Ate on Monday:
Followed by some grapes
And blueberries a few hours later
Around 3:30 I had almonds, cashews and raisins while driving to the chiropractor
I wasn’t really sure what I was going to do with the pork chops I had planned for dinner, but I came up with a recipe that I thought came out really well! Dinner was eaten around 6:30:
Pork chops, butternut squash, asparagus, with some (natural, no sugar added) applesauce on the side. Oh yea, and a glass of sauvignon blanc with dinner:) Then around 8 I had a black bean brownie:
So, now for the recipe I promised:
- 2 large boneless poke chops
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- spices of choice- garlic, oregano, rosemary, thyme, (I used Mrs. Dash garlic and herb)
- Preheat oven to 450
- Lay foil on a baking sheet and coat with olive oil.
- Peel and cube butternut squash. Coat with olive oil and sea salt and pepper, if desired
- Cut ends of asparagus and clean. Coat with olive oil and sea salt and pepper, if desired
- Lay squash across baking sheet in layer, leaving room on end for asparagus (to add later).
- When oven is preheated, start baking squash. Set timer for 20 minutes.
- Lay almond meal/flour on a plate or bowl and mix in spices.
- If pork is very thick, slice in half so it will cook faster.
- coat pork on almond and spice mixture.
- When squash has 12 minutes left, heat a pan on medium high and add ghee to pan.
- While ghee is heating, put the asparagus in the oven with the squash.
- When ghee is hot, add pork to the pan and cook on each side for 4-5 minutes, until cooked through.
Do you like to snack as much as I do?
Do you eat differently on days you have tough workouts versus days you have easy runs?