Today is January 15th. That means we are just about halfway through January! That’s a good thing, right? I don’t really want to think about how long February and March will feel, but it seems like once we make it through January we are over the hump of winter. Kind of like the feeling of making it through Wednesdays. Speaking of which, we made it to Thursday, so please join me while I “Think Out Loud” with Amanda and everyone else today!
1. The best January ever was in 2013 when Rob and I were in Hawaii for two weeks. We ran in the Houston marathon and then flew to Hawaii for our honeymoon. (Even though we got married in November, we waited until January to go away. It was a great idea.) Coming back was the hardest thing ever but it really did make the winter go by faster. I got a Timehop notification on Tuesday that the Houston marathon was two years ago that day, and I had written something on Facebook about heading to Hawaii. I wish we were doing that again this year!
2. Instead, we’re stuck dealing with these awesome Maryland winters. The cold weather is getting me excited for moving into a house where I will have a garage to park my car. I could even leave it running to warm up if I wanted. And as much as I like being able to walk around the city, there is something to be said for moving to the suburbs where you can drive everywhere. I’m sure I will miss the city, but the grass is always greener, right?
3. Something else exciting about where I am moving: there is a Whole Foods right down the street. We have one in the city but its not really walk-able for me and I would have to drive past the worst part of downtown to get there. I’m pretty sure our monthly grocery budget is gonna need to go up quite a bit if I start shopping there.
4. Speaking of Whole Foods, I ended up going into one on Monday when I was on my way to my chiropractor. We had bought salmon from our usual grocery store over the weekend but ordered it online, and they gave us a really bad piece. We won’t be doing that again! So anyway I stopped to get better salmon at Whole Foods (sidenote: the one in Columbia is amazing and I am so jealous that Amanda got to end her run there last week!) and I also found Whole30 approved bacon! I bought three packages since I won’t be able to get back for awhile. All the fruits and veggies just looked so pretty there, too.
5. I guess I can also give a running update here. I ended up taking off 5 days and did a 2 mile run Wednesday and body pump. It felt much better than last week but I am still gonna be taking it easy for awhile. I go back to my chiro next week and if my piriformis is still acting up, the plan is to do dry needling for it. What’s weird is that for a couple days my right piriformis will bother me and then for a couple days my left quad will bother me…and it always seems to be one or the other. I guess all I can do is keep working on strength and mobility and reduce my mileage alot, while I keep working with my chiro.
I don’t like ending these kinds of posts on a low note and I feel like #5 was kind of depressing. So here are three good things going on!
-There’s no better feeling than seeing this E-mail. If we’re gonna get bad weather, we might as well enjoy a delayed opening.
-Monday is MLK day so its a 3 day weekend! (Well, hopefully it is for you too!)
-The weather is looking good for the next few days! (Sorry, Chicago. Also, let’s all move to Florida.)
-Do you live in a city or the suburbs? Do you like being able to drive/walk everywhere depending on where you live?
-Do you shop at Whole Foods regularly?
-Ever been to Hawaii? If so, did you have a hard time leaving?