This summer sure if flying by! Somehow it’s the last Friday in July and August is right around the corner. You know what that means, right? It’s time for this month’s Runfessions!
1) I guess I should start out by saying that I’ve fallen way behind with reading blogs lately. After being away twice within two weeks, I sort of unplugged for a bit which was nice. It wasn’t intentional so when I came back and had missed about a week of blog posts, I just didn’t have it in me to read them all. Maybe I’ll catch up, maybe I won’t. Summer is a good time to take a step back anyway!
2) Let’s talk about running, since this is a runfessions post after all. As you may know I’ve been away quite a bit this month. You know what I noticed? I really like to run when I’m away. Maybe it’s the change in scenery, or flat terrain, or having more time, but I have pretty much run every day that I’ve been away this month. The only problem is my routine gets all thrown off and it’s a little harder to fit in my strength training, cross training, and yoga!
3) Speaking of running on vacation, somehow everywhere I have traveled lately (the Eastern Shore, Florida, and the Jersey Shore) has been flat as a pancake. I feel somewhat speedy (for me these days) when I run, but it makes coming back to Baltimore so much harder!
4) I think I may have figured out why running hills has been so tough for me lately. Well, tougher than usual. I feel like running while pregnant is like you are always running on a slight incline. So any extra incline is just too much!
5) Even though I could avoid hills altogether by running on the treadmill, I just haven’t been feeling it lately. Even though it’s been hot and humid I’ve still been enjoying my outdoor runs. (If only I could remember to wear body glide every day…) Once in a while I will walk on the treadmill, but that’s been about it. It’s always good to know it’s there as an option though!
I hope to be back to my usual schedule next week, although I can’t make any promises. It feels good to be back home for now and to have a few travel-free weekends ahead of me!
[Tweet “This month’s #runfessions are all about running while traveling and why hills are so hard lately! @milebymilerun #fridayfive”]
Do you ever unplug and take a break from blogging?
Do you run more or less when you are on vacation?
If you have run while pregnant, would you agree it sort of feels like you are always running on an incline?