The holidays are approaching faster than ever this year, so it’s time to start finding those perfect fitness gift ideas for the runners in our lives (and ourselves!) This list of gift ideas has a wide range of products that most runners will love. From fun silly gifts to practical items, you will be sure to find what you are looking for. Make sure to check out my previous holiday gift guides at the bottom of the post too!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
50 Holiday Fitness Gift Ideas for Runners
1. Nathan Personal Alarm For anyone who runs alone, especially early in the morning or late at night, a personal alarm is a great safety tool to have.
2. GetVizy Vest I was recently sent this vest to try and I love it! It has a chest light in the front so you don’t really need to wear a headlamp (although somedays I wear both). Save 10% with the code MILEBYMILE
3. Pepper Spray (Gel) Another good safety tool is pepper spray. This kind, which is actually a gel, won’t spray back at you.
4. Headlamp Make sure you have something bright to light the way when you’re running in the dark!
5. Reflective Safety Light When my headlamps kept dying I got one of these safety lights. I clip it to my best or sports bra or even headband. It’s rechargeable and turns red when the battery is low.
7. Go Guarded This is another self-defense tool that you can wear on your finger and use it to fight off an attacker.
8. Massage Gun There are a wide variety of massage guns, but I’ve heard the best reviews of the Theragun. I have cheaper one which is decent, but eventually I would like to upgrade.
9. Foam Roller Every runner needs at least one foam roller! I like this one because the curves make it comfortable to roll your back.
10. Recovery Boots If you’re really looking for top of the line recovery products, check out these recovery boots. No, I don’t own them, but they sure do look intriguing
12. Compression Socks I’ve started a nice collection of compression socks over the years. PRO Compression socks are comfortable to run in and great to wear around after a long run or hard workout.
Cold Weather Gear
13. Touch-screen Gloves Make sure you have comfortable gloves that will still allow you to use your Smartphone so you can take a mid-run selfie!
14. Headband During the winter I like to have at least 3 headbands in my rotation so I always have a clean one to wear.
15. Neck Gaiter When it gets really cold, make sure your neck is covered! It helps so much!
16. Hat I love these hats with a hole for your ponytail.
17. Vest Adding a vest will help keep your core a little warmer- perfect for in between days when you don’t really need a heavy jacket for running.
18. Socks Feetures are my favorite running socks; they’re light and comfortable and help prevent blisters.
19. Jacket This is my go-to jacket from Brooks. It’s perfect for layering!
20. Tights While I don’t really like running in any tights, these are the best ones I’ve found. They’re comfortable and have a bunch of pockets!
21. Long Sleeve This long sleeved t-shirt is perfect for layering or for wearing by itself.
22. Sports Bra This is my favorite Brook’s Run Bra. It’s comfortable and supportive, and has pockets to hold your phone and a few other small items.
23. Coros Apex GPS Watch Last spring I was gifted this watch, and it was a great upgrade from my older Garmin. The battery life is SOO long and it has really nice data features. The GPS isn’t always great, but I think that is due to the area where I run. No one else seems to have the same issue.
24. Aftershokz Headphones These wireless headphones allow you to hear your surroundings while also listening to music, a podcast, or an audiobook.
25. Heart Rate Monitor Chest Strap If your running watch only has a wrist-based HRM, you may want to connect a chest strap for a more accurate reading.
26. Running Dynamics Pod This lightweight pod has an accelerometer in the module that measures torso movement to calculate 6 running metrics to help improve your form.
26. Koala Clip The perfect accessory for carrying your phone- it clips right into the back of your sports bra! Save 10% with code LISAS10
27. Knockaround Sunglasses I am constantly losing or breaking my running sunglasses, so I have a few pairs of these. They are fun and durable, and the price is good enough that I don’t feel bad if something happens to them!
28. Phone Tripod This tripod will help you take the perfect running pic during or after a run.
29. Lock Laces If you have issues with your laces coming undone (or just being too long) give these lock laces a try.
30. FRE Skincare This is my favorite skincare line. I use the moisturizer with sunscreen before all my runs, and the other products help my skin recover from running outside in all the elements. Save 15% or more (the have alot of great deals this time of year) with code MILEBYMILEBLOG
31. Noerdan Scale The Sensori Wi-Fi Smart Body Scale has user auto-recognition to track heart rate and analyze body composition through 10 detailed biometrics. Save 20% through 11/29 for Black Friday plus an additional 10% if you use the code LISA10
32. Body Glide All runners can use a back-up of Body Glide, right?
33. Foot Glide This helps to prevent against blisters!
Fueling and Hydration
34. Liquid IV My favorite way to stay hydrated for running. I went through SOO much of this stuff during summer marathon training.
35. Honey Stinger Waffles These are a perfect quick pre-run snack, but you can also eat them during runs!
36. SIS Gels I used these during marathon training this year. They’re alot easier to take than regular gels and you don’t need to take them with water.
37. Momentous Protein Powder This is a great protein powder and they make alot of other good products too. I use the recovery protein powder after my strength training sessions and sometimes throw it into a smoothie when I need a little extra protein.
38. Hydration Vest I can’t find the vest that I got last year, but Ultimate Direction is a great brand! The key is finding one with enough pockets that fits comfortably and doesn’t bounce.
39. Water Bottle It’s also a good idea to have a handheld water bottle for shorter runs or days when you don’t need a full hydration pack of water.
Gift Ideas for Runners: Experiences
40. Race Entry- Now that races are back, a race entry would make a great gift for a runner!
41. Run Show USA Boston or Run Show USA Chicago These events are for runners of all abilities that share a love of running! They have everything you need to help you achieve your running goals. And you can get FREE tickets with my link!
42. Massage Gift Certificate
Other Running Related Fitness Gift Ideas for Runners
44. Rise and Run Cookbook I have Run Fast Eat Slow and I’m definitely interested in giving this one a try!
45. Runner’s Calendar It’s always fun to have some running quotes on your desk
46. Medal Display The perfect place to show off all your hard-earned bling!
47. Bib Holder Not sure what to do with all those old race bibs? Here’s the perfect solution!
49. Sweatshirt When runners aren’t running, you know we can be found in a comfy sweatshirt. I love ones with a cute saying.
50. Necklace There are plenty of ways to personalize these necklaces and lots of options to pick one that represents the race you are most proud of!
Hopefully this list gave you plenty of gift ideas for runners for this holiday season! You can find all my past gift guides under my Gift Guides page.
Which gift would you want for yourself? Are there any that you are planning to get for someone else?
Now it’s time for the Runners’ Roundup! Link up your running and fitness posts below! Join myself, Coach Debbie Runs, Confessions of a Mother Runner, Runs with Pugs , and Laura Norris Running to post your favorite running tips, experiences, race and training recaps, workouts, gear, and coaching ideas.