I hope that all of you who celebrated Thanksgiving had a great day with lots of good food! It’s so nice to have a Friday off from work to recover from all the eating, right? Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s time to start thinking about the holidays. Not sure how that’s possible. Last time I checked it was April.
I’m sure none of us are up for anything too serious today, so how about some Runfessions being that it’s the last Friday of the month and all? It just so happens I have 5 of them, so it’s a Friday Five as well. How’s that for efficient;)
Friday Five Runfessions for Thanksgiving Weekend:
1) I am really happy to have a bit more light in the mornings thanks to DST (although it’s going away quickly). However, I actually don’t think I ever really adjusted to the time change. Most mornings I have been waking up without an alarm between 4 and 4:30 since the time change, and am absolutely exhausted by 8-8:30. I don’t hate it, because getting up early means I can get a lot done before work (and I am the most productive in the morning) but Rob keeps reminding me that it’s NOT normal to naturally wake up at 4am every day. Please tell me I’m not the only one!
2) I have to say I was a little bit glad to not be running a race last Sunday when I heard all of that wind. All those runners who raced in Philly are so impressive because I know they had similar weather. I didn’t leave the house all day on Sunday and spent the day in pajamas/yoga pants/sweatpants. (Welcome back to my winter wardrobe…)
3) I bought another pair of running shoes. I don’t think I am going to stop this search until I find the perfect pair. It could take years, but that’s ok. Good thing most of these places have a good return policy.
Just a little side note about running shoes: I found a pair of Pure Connects that I had bought in February as a back up pair. I was thinking about returning them since I haven’t been running in the Pure Connects anymore. When I took them out of the box I realized they were two different sizes! (One was an 8 and the other a 9) That made my decision to return them even easier!
4) I have been trying to start my Christmas shopping (online of course) but I keep finding stuff I like for myself. There are so many fun running gadgets and cute running clothes available! Need to stay focused….
5) Rob is signed up for a May marathon and asked me to make him a training plan. I have to admit, thinking about him training really got me wanting to sign up. But there is no way I am registering until I am 100% sure I could run a marathon. The peer pressure is terrible!
Do you feel pressure to sign up for a race if your spouse/SO/friend/running buddy signs up for something?
How many pairs of running shoes do you own?
What time do you wake up naturally without an alarm?