Is it really the last Friday in April? It feels like April just started, probably because it JUST started to feel a little more like spring this week! Either way, it’s time for April Runfessions! What running confessions do you have to get off your chest this month?
1) I’ve been feeling guilty about running on the treadmill all the time. I’m not sure why I feel guilty; it’s not like I’m missing good outdoor running days or anything. I guess it’s just because I have always been an outdoor runner and will run outside in almost any conditions, so this is new for me. I am thinking/hoping I will be back outside more when it actually feels like spring and summer.
2) I’ve been really surprised that my allergies haven’t been bothering me this season. I was wondering if it was because I haven’t been outside as much? Even after my Saturday runs the past few weeks I may have been sneezing a little bit but otherwise there were no noticeable symptoms. I guess it’s just another way to prove that it really isn’t spring yet.
3) Ever since writing my post about running Boston I have been starting to think about races. I’m still in the indecisive phase like I’ve been for what seems like forever. I don’t think a marathon is in the cards this year, but maybe next spring? The only problem with that is I prefer fall marathons. I’m not sure I want to wait until fall 2019, and maybe with the treadmill it will be easier to train for a marathon though the winter. I have plenty of time to decide.
4) In the meantime I’m thinking I could do a fall half. I don’t think I would want to do the Baltimore half as my goal race, but maybe run that for fun and find an easier course as a goal.
5) As for 5ks, I really don’t have the desire to race another one any time soon. My last one just left a bad taste in my mouth for now so I’m gonna let it go. I was actually thinking about doing one for fun at the end of May (who am I??) but I think we may be away that weekend.
So those are my runfessions this month, basically that I have been running inside a lot and have no idea what races I want to do! I really hope when we are writing these at the end of May that we are complaining about a little bit of heat. (Not too much, but can we at least be running in shorts by then?!)
[Tweet “This month’s #runfessions are all about indoor running and races! @milebymilerun #fridayfive”]
Do you get seasonal allergies? How have they been this year?
Do you prefer fall or spring marathons?
Do you like to run races just for fun?