I can’t believe it’s already the last Friday of May! It seems that the temperatures have finally started to pick up on the fact that it’s basically the unofficial start of summer. Not sure how much more rain and chilly weather I could have handled, so let’s hope this warm weather sticks around!
1. As much as I have been excited for the warm weather, I am feeling a little nervous about running in it. I know it’s going to take a while to adjust, and I’m sure my pace will slow down quite a bit. It’s going to be tough doing races these next few weeks now that it’s warmer out!
2. When I looked back at my training from last week, I realized I had run 7 days straight for a total of 47 miles (from Saturday to Friday). That’s quite a jump from my typical weekly mileage! It’s funny how changing around my schedule a bit can cause that to happen (by doing my long run on Friday and making Saturday my rest day).
3. The last few miles of my long run last weekend were kind of a struggle. I blame this on eating tacos and cake the night before and not drinking enough water. It was Rob’s birthday over the weekend, so he got to pick the meal. We were leaving the next day for a wedding so instead of baking a cake I just bought two slices from Fresh Market. Talk about a sugar overload!
4. I haven’t been bringing any water or fuel on any of my runs (see #2). It’s going to be time to start doing that again soon, especially if I want to continue doing long runs. Also, I won some packets of Tailwind from Wendy’s giveaway a few weeks ago so I’m excited to try that out!
5. This isn’t really a “run”fession but I guess its health-related: I feel like I have been slacking a bit on my veggies lately. Some days I am just eating spinach and 1 other vegetable. It’s time to improve on that a bit, especially with all the good summer veggies that are in season now! I’m hoping to find some new recipes to experiment with as well.
I hope everyone has a fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend! Or if you don’t celebrate, have a great weekend anyway!
What do you have to runfess lately?
Have you been bringing water with you on your runs?
Have you been eating enough veggies lately?
[Tweet “Time to spill those #runfessions! What running-related guilt do you want to share this month? @runningoutowine #running #fridayfive”]