We made it to March! The end of February makes me feel like the toughest part of winter is over, so hopefully that means no more snow or ice! (I’m trying to ignore the forecast that is calling for snow on Thursday night…) I wouldn’t mind less wind, too, but I don’t want to get greedy. As usual I am here to share my progress on my goals now that the month is over. You can read my January check-in here.
Summary of February:
Surprisingly this month went kind of fast. We had a couple of snow days but no more big storms, and I was able to do all of my runs outside! There were times when I planned indoor workouts or rest days around the weather, but overall it wasn’t terrible for the middle of winter.
I ran a virtual 10k this month: the Zooma Run Love challenge. I also started adding a little bit of speed work into my routine.
I blogged 2-3 days this month but found I was more tired than usual at the end of the day. This led to a bit of delay in comment replies and not always commenting on other blogs as I would have liked.
I’m not sure what else really happened this month. It went by in a blur; there were really cold days and really warm days, lots of wind and rain, and a little snow and ice. Oh, but how could I forget my worst run in a long time?
I gave up coffee for Lent, but don’t worry, there was plenty of wine:)
A few other posts from this month:
- Continue to work on staying strong and healthy I wrote about the results of my running assessment and what I learned that I should be doing to stay healthy. I’ve been keeping up with my core work and strength training even as my mileage has begun to increase.
- Run/Walk 2016 miles This month I ran 92 miles and walked 75 miles. I’m at 341 total miles for the year. (I track my walking using my Vivofit but subtract a mile each day for what I consider just getting around the house.)
- Work towards a BQ No marathons are scheduled for anytime soon. I’m working on building a solid base right now.
- Work towards sub 1:40 half I’m still starting to think about training for a half, but haven’t decided on one yet.
- Do at least 10 push-ups 3 days per week This month I did push-ups 4 days a week! I do between 15 and 45…sometimes on a bosu, sometimes using a TRX, and sometimes I do eccentric push-ups. It just depends what I feel like each day.
- Improve posture Still working on this. I really need to start setting an alarm or something to remind myself to sit better at work.
- Move more I have continued to be more mindful of getting up and moving more during the day, but I know there are stretches where I get wrapped up in my work and don’t move for hours. Luckily I have a small bladder and go to the bathroom all day long, so that is like my automatic reminder to get up and move!
- Focus on saving money Not bad, not great. I had lots of gifts to buy this month plus some flights, but I didn’t really spend on things for myself.
- Get back in the habit of weekly meal prep I did meal prep all weekends expect the one that I was away at a baby shower. So I just planned all quick/easy meals for that week and sent Rob to the grocery store with a list while I was gone:)
- Make time to unplug Lately I spend about 45 minutes after dinner doing blog stuff, and then I have had enough. I’ve either been reading before bed or just going to sleep really early.
I’m not trying to wish away time, but I kind of hope that March goes by quickly because I am ready for spring to officially be here!
[Tweet “How did you do with your goals in February? @runningoutowine”]
How did you do with your goals in February?
What are you looking forward to in March?