It’s Thursday again so time to link up with Running with Spoons for Thursdays are for Thinking Out Loud! I have quite a bit of randomness coming at you today, but actually this post was pre-written since I’ll be on my way to Cape Cod for the RRCA training on Thursday morning!
1. I’m 3 weeks into The Lyon’s Share Ab Challenge and while its going great, I have finally succumbed to the dreaded elbow rug burn. Michael mentioned that this was a problem for him but at the time I was ok.
Well the other day Rob was like “What is wrong with you arm?” I had no idea what he was talking about, but he went on to say that it looked like I have a cut/bruise on my elbow. I showed him the other one and sure enough it was there too. I figured it must be from all the planking on the carpet. I REALLY felt it when I was at CX Works class and we did side planks with a twist. Ouch. Time to start using a towel.
2. What is is about new shoes that just makes me so excited? I finally broke out the Pure Cadence 3s and wore them on Tuesday. I had actually ordered them back in April but waited till I took some other shoes out of the rotation before I started wearing them. Typically I rotate 2 pairs of Pure Cadence, 2 pairs of Pure Flows, and a pair of Pure Connects. I also hang onto a pair of older shoes for going to the gym. This means I have 6 pairs of shoes out at a time. A bit much? Maybe, maybe not.
3. Another one of life’s small pleasures is when I make a smoothie and it fits perfectly right into my cup. Usually I make too much, and don’t feel like saving it so I either just drink it out of the blender (don’t judge) or toss it. This week I perfected the art of the perfect sized smoothie.
Then I ran out of any sort of milk or orange juice to use as the liquid later in the week and had to use water. It just wasn’t the same.
4. I cleaned out my wallet the other day and found a bunch of gift cards. Sadly, there was no money on any of these Starbuck cards. (sidenote: I haven’t gone in a full week!)
There was about $35 on this Banana Republic card! I love when that happens.
5. I also found all of these while I was cleaning out my wallet (by the way, I usually use a clutch and not my actual wallet which is why I had no idea all this stuff was in there).
Those are cards for frozen yogurt and wine. If you fill up a wine card you get 25% off a purchase (like you can buy ALL THE WINE and get 25% off of it all). We always forget to bring these cards with use when we go to these places so they just give us new ones and tell use they will combine them next time. I wonder how many full wine cards we have? Also, does anyone else feel like they have a wine and fro-yo addiction? Or is this not normal?
What is something random you have found while cleaning out your wallet?
How many pairs of running shoes do you rotate at a time?
Susie @ SuzLyfe says
I think it is time for us to open a wine cum froyo bar. GENIUS>
And also, I prefer to think of elbow burn as simply helping me exfoliate, thank you.
Bahaha I love afters! I do the same thing with the local cafe that I get my breakfast at in the morning. I have like 6 cards running right now. And you’ll be in Cape Cod which is only about an hour from me! I don’t know why that makes me excited but it does haha my parents think I’m ridiculous with my current running shoe rotation. I have 4 pairs of shoes out at any given time and someone always ends up tripping over them. Runner problems…
I’ve found that the ONLY protein powder I can deal w/ when it comes to making into a smoothie w/ water is CLICK protein powder. Have you ever tried? I love the vanilla latte flavor 🙂
Amanda @ .running with spoons. says
A week without Starbucks?!?! I’d die! My addition is a daily thing, but I have a feeling that a lot of that has to do with the fact that I use it to get out of the house since I work from home and would go stir crazy otherwise. That and I’m way more productive in coffee shops 😉
Natalie @ Never Serious Blog says
Haha, I actually said “JACKPOT!” when I read you still had money on the Banana Republic one. I wish I’d find some extra in my wallet, all I ever find are old receipts or business cards. Boo. Just not the same.
You crack me up with your shoes. I always wear the same pair for every run. Boring, and probably not something a serious runner should do, but it works for me!
Chrissy @ Pink Polish and Running Shoes says
I love wine and froyo…not together haha, but you get the idea.
Michele @ paleorunningmomma says
I try to be “minimalist” and use one pair of shoes at a time for running and one other older pair for going to the gym or errands. I just really hate clutter!
I never find anything good in my wallet…just old insurance cards or credit cards that I don’t use. Boring stuff!
In the car now on my way to cape cod…exciting!
Laura @ the gluten-free treadmill says
Oh man, I DREAM about finding some unused gift cards! 🙂 Love you you discovered – and I agree, the Starbucjs would have been a great find!
I love this post! My husband calls me the gift card master…I legit have so many gift cards and whenever we go somewhere, it seems like I’m always pulling one out!
I also ALWAYS forget my wine card..why? I have no idea! But I have three!
Jen @ Pretty Little Grub says
I always have so many gift cards in my wallet! I forget to use them 99% of the time. Especially at places like Starbucks.
New shoes are the best! Six isn’t bad at all… I’ve got three going at the moment.
I usually only rotate one pair of shoes for running but give them a day in between for rest. So basically I don’t run that much anymore 🙂 I love finding cards and money in my wallet or room!